Tuesday 31 January 2012

If not now, when? No really...when?

Mantra? Check.  
Motivation? Check. 
Enthusiasm? Check.  
Ready? Check baby, check baby, 1, 2, 3!

So what happens when you're pumped, then life throws you a curveball? Things you were excited to do, you cannot.  Things you were pumped to start, you cannot. Maybe the wisdom here might be to just adapt.  Recognise the setback for all it is - a setback - and wait it out, ready to begin again.  Oh so frustrating though!

This is all about ridiculously way too much lots of pudding, pills and tight jeans.  You see, after Christmas I was just getting back into running properly again. I really love running when I do it regularly...when it is hard and fun, not just hard and horrible.  Then I did myself a little lower back injury(*).  So no running for two weeks.  Normally not such a big deal, but my jeans were not doing up, remember? And not helping this situation at all - I was in the middle of weaning myself off antidepressants, therefore, shall we say, somewhat wonky.

So I lay about in my tight jeans with an icepack strapped to my back and felt a bit crappy for a couple of weeks.  But I survived.  Things could have been worse.  Now I am running again!  And feeling good, without meds.  And my jeans aren't as tight.  Good times!

Who's feeling good about something they previously weren't feeling good about?  I'd love to hear about it.
(*) Oh and guess how I hurt my back?  Nothing fun (wink)...just bending down picking up a dirty nappy off the floor.  So simple, so painful.

1 comment:

  1. So lovely to hear :) I'm always inspired (for a little while) by people who run - that's on my list for this year... I feel much better about B+C - it's coming together and is already more than books and books of designs I've thought about for the last 7 years. JFDI - you're far more eloquent than I xxx

    ReplyDelete