Sunday 4 December 2011

I'm grateful for feeling golden...

She was wearing her pjs, runners, cardi and hat.  We headed into the garden, her hand in mine, tiny feet taking tiny stumbly steps - oh wow, steps by themselves!  She pointed and tried to say things - flowers, trees, sky, birdy, grass and fence.  She wanted to head out the gate.  I wanted to take her back in and dress her properly - what will people think of me, daughter out in public and still in pjs at midday?  I decided to live in her moment with her & let her lead me outside.  She waved at buses (bah bah), the drivers waving back.  She waved at a truck (tark, tark).  The driver waved back, beaming!

We picked tiny flowers and put them in her pockets.  We watched a dragonfly on a tree and her eyes lit up.  The look on her face when she recognises something outside that she has seen in a book is just magical.  I love watching this little person that WE created, exploring and seeing her world open up in front of her.  Blissful and golden.  Yes, 16 months is certainly feeling golden!  

I am feeling so very grateful for feeling golden.  December last year, I was a month away from seeking help for Post-natal Depression, so possibly at my worst.  I felt as though I would never enjoy life again.  Hip-hip-hooray for that not being the case!  Today I'm linking up with Maxabella loves...I'm grateful for...

Bean's treasures from her first nature walk

4 comments:

  1. So pleased to hear your happy and enjoying your daughter PND is really hard and at the time you feel like everything will never be right again. And hey if the girl wants to wear her pjs...more power to her xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post - her treasures are beautiful but the real gift is you enjoying the moments

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a difference a year can make. I am so very happy for you. Great post! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. magic moments! really enjoyed reading about your adventures xox

    ReplyDelete